How to conduct an SEO audit?
How to conduct an SEO audit?
Probably every website owner sooner or later asks himself the question of how to conduct an SEO audit? There are various reasons for making such considerations. In today’s article, you’ll read about when an SEO audit is needed and when it’s really worth doing. You’ll also learn some of the basic steps involved in doing an audit, perhaps deciding to do one yourself?
Table of Contents
SEO audit – what is it?
A website audit or otherwise SEO audit is a way to check a website. During it, a website’s compliance with SEO requirements is checked, tested and analyzed. The purpose of the SEO audit is to detect errors that may prevent good results in thepositioning of the company’s website.
Zapisz się do newslettera
Why is an SEO audit necessary and when to conduct one?
SEO audit is useful at many stages of action with a website. If you care, to make the site highly visible in search results and occupied the leading positions on industry expressions, you should perform the first audit of the website immediately after its launch, and later regularly after making more significant changes On the site or its redevelopment. The idea is to verify the condition of the new website, eliminate errors in its content or structure.
Another incentive to perform a site audit should be the desire to attract customers from the search engine, through the audit you will learn how your site ranks against the competition and from which channels you could get traffic to it to monetize it later. An SEO audit is also needed if you notice a sudden drop in the level of traffic to your company ‘s website – it’s worth verifying what it’s due to, and a site audit will effectively clarify any uncertainty.
Here are the basic questions that a website audit should answer:
- Is your website accessible to users of different devices? Start by checking on your computer and smartphone that the website opens and loads fast enough.
- Is your website available in Google results? Lack of visibility in Google search results can be due to various reasons. Perhaps the site is very new, has too little content, is blocked from being indexed by Google’s robots or because Google has imposed a penalty on the domain.
- Does your website display at a single web address? This is important because if a site is available under several addresses, Google sees them as duplicates, and this prevents effective positioning. However, the matter will be taken care of by appropriate redirections.
- Does your website load fast enough? You can check it manually or with free tools such as googling’s
- Is your website safe for users? One way to ensure security is to use an HTTPS certificate. You can find out about other capabilities and the actual state of your website, for example, by using Google’s tool -.
- Does your website have user-friendly navigation? It is necessary for customers to find what they are looking for on your site.
- Does your website have readable and properly formatted content? The use of titles, headings, metadata and structured data not only affects SEO, but above all is attractive to the audience and users of the website.
- Is the content on your site unique? The most important thing is quality – uniqueness, correctness, ease of reception. Content matters because it is content that search engine robots read when indexing web pages for specific positions.
SEO audit – benefits for you and your company
A good SEO audit provides numerous pieces of information, the analysis and proper use of which will translate into business benefits for the company. Starting with the website itself, you will gain an error-free website as a result of the SEO audit. It will be more visible to users – potential customers. Higher rankings in Google mean more traffic to your site and more conversions, meaning more profits for you. And yet, very importantly, as a result of an SEO audit, you gain the basis for developing a better website that is easier for customers to see, that encourages them to visit longer, return to your brand, and finally – to make a purchase or make contact to use your services.
I admit that the steps indicated are not a complete exhaustion of the elements worth verifying during an SEO audit. However, they will certainly allow you to locate the primary sources of the problem, which is lack of visibility in Google search. If you need more information or guidance schedule a consultation. Feel free to contact me.
I have been active in Google Ads, SEO and e-commerce for almost 10 years. Now I share my knowledge and experience on the blog, on social media and in courses, audits and training sessions.
Green Stone Group
Ul. Zielna 16
NIP: 765 167 92 32
You can cancel your subscription at any time
@ Copyright 2022