ReCAPTCHA - what is it? How to turn it on?
ReCAPTCHA – what is it? How to turn it on?
SPAM, bot attacks, unauthorized access attempts – good protection of a website from threats is very important. Among other things, reCAPTCHA comes in handy – in this article I’ll tell you the benefits of reCAPTCHA and how to enable it on your site.
Need support in better securing your site? Among other things, I work with web developers – we can build a website or online store for you and provide ongoing programming support. Contact me!
ReCAPTCHA what is it?
The name reCAPTCHA, is a combination of the English words reliable and CAPTCHA (verification test). It is an advanced security system that helps websites distinguish real users from bots. Using a variety of verification tests, reCAPTCHA identifies whether interactions on the site come from humans or unwanted computer programs.
Types of reCAPTCHs
Different types of reCAPTCHy are available:
ReCAPTCHA v2: this is probably the most recognizable version, where the user knows that their authenticity is being checked. It comes in 3 versions:
- Checkbox: the user must check the box I am not a robot in the checkbox that appears. He can then move on immediately or complete the CAPTCHA test (e.g., select the appropriate images).
- Invisible: reCAPTCHA works in the background, only the symbol is visible on the page, indicating that the domain uses this method of user verification.
- Android: reCAPTCHA created for Android devices, works in mobile apps.
ReCAPTCHA v1 is no longer available: it was disabled in 2018.
Google reCAPTCHA: how to enable it?
Step 1: Register your site with
Log in to your Google account and register your site with reCAPTCHy. Select the type of reCAPTCHy and enter your domain. You can also enter a label so you can easily identify the site in the future.
Step 2: Download the API keys
After registration, you will receive unique API keys from Google, which necessary for the correct integration of ReCAPTCHy on the site.
Step 3: Implementation in the site code
Step 4: Server-side verification
The server verifies that the data submitted by the form is from real users.
Step 5: Action after verification
Depending on the user’s evaluation, you may allow the user to continue using the site or submitting a form, display an additional verification task or block access.
ReCAPTCHA WordPress: how to implement it?
is the most popular CMS in the world, thanks in part to its ease of use. A great deal of functionality can be implemented here with plug-ins: so is reCAPTCH. Various plug-ins are available, including reCaptcha by BestWebSoft. Its launch is simple:
- Download google-captcha and put it in /wp-content/plugins/.
- Activate the plugin in the Plugins section of the WordPress menu.
- Detailed settings for the plugin are available in the ReCAPTCHA menu.
- Create a form in the post and place the shortcode [bws_google_captcha] there .
ReCAPTCHA is not only a security tool, but also a way to increase users’ trust in your site.
Having trouble implementing ReCAPTCHY? Call or write – feel free to contact me!
I have been active in Google Ads, SEO and e-commerce for almost 10 years. Now I share my knowledge and experience on the blog, on social media and in courses, audits and training sessions.
Green Stone Group
Ul. Zielna 16
NIP: 765 167 92 32
You can cancel your subscription at any time
@ Copyright 2022