How to write meta titles?
How to write meta titles?
Use the tips to help fine-tune another one of the elements important for positioning your website and getting customers from search engines. Figure out what a meta title is and how to use it.
Meta tag SEO – what is it?
Meta tag is an indicator that determines how your website will appear in Google search results. It is also a tag that indicates to web crawlers information about the content of your website. Meta tags are placed in the code of the page, in the head section. You should know at least three that are important for SEO – meta title, meta description and meta robots. Keep reading and you’ll learn more about the former.
What is a meta title?
Meta title(meta title) is simply the title of a subpage. It is the one that displays in the search results (you may see it mostly in blue). It allows indexing robots, as well as search engine users, to find out what information is on a given page or subpage of the website. Your goal should be to make your site interesting to both Google robots and potential customers, so you already know why you should work on the quality of the meta title. What’s more, Internet users will also see the content of this tag in the name of the tab in the browser. By doing it right, you will make it easier for your customers to use your website.
In conclusion, how to write a meta title correctly?
- Think about the fact that the entire meta title must be visible in search results, so keep an eye on its length – we assume that max. The length of this tag is 70 characters, or 600 pixels. Longer titles Google automatically shortens (…).
- At the beginning of the title, put the most important keyword, thanks to this location of the meta title will also look good on mobile devices. Also add supporting words, however, do not overdo it! Keywords cannot be overused.
- Create a separate meta title for each subpage, taking into account the keyword most relevant to the content of that subpage.
- Finish the title with the brand name or website address, separate this element from the rest of the content with a dash or vertical line.
- Write in a way that encourages people to click on the link to your site.
Meta title is your ally, if you write it well you will gain – better visibility in search results and higher CTR.
I have been active in Google Ads, SEO and e-commerce for almost 10 years. Now I share my knowledge and experience on the blog, on social media and in courses, audits and training sessions.
Green Stone Group
Ul. Zielna 16
NIP: 765 167 92 32
You can cancel your subscription at any time
@ Copyright 2022