Webwriting - a checklist not only for beginners
Webwriting – a checklist not only for beginners
More and more people are talking about how important webwriting is. That’s because the Internet is full of content – for different purposes, and of very different quality. However, all the indications are that all the time it is content that is the key element that matters to Web users, but also to Google’s search engine robots. That is why it is better to master the art of webwriting as soon as possible. I outline its benefits and the principles that help create engaging content that complies with SEO requirements.
What is webwriting?
Webwriting is the creation of content for publication on the Internet. Due to the nature of this medium and audience, webwriting is governed by rules that you won’t encounter elsewhere. The Internet user is a discerning reader who seeks information that is useful to him, more often than he reads – he scans the content he encounters on the Web and extracts information of value to him. Therefore It makes sense to write in a way that brings concrete solutions to problems that are easy to apply. No waterboarding or valuing. Here’s to clear, simple to read and visually appealing.
Zapisz się do newslettera
Why use the principles of webwriting?
You show that you put the reader first, which means that you are aware of the significant role of texts on a website or online store. It is the user – the potential customer – that they are supposed to serve – to inform, to solve problems, to arouse interest.
You are creating an expert brand image, which is a very wise investment – it will attract users interested in the issues raised in the texts. In the future, they may return to become your customers.
You gain new visitors to the site, users-customers are also more likely to return to the site, expecting valuable and useful content. From a large number of visitors, it is easier to get those who will become real customers. The principles of webwriting help fill the top of the sales funnel.
Your SEO gains. How does it work? When users appreciate and enjoy visiting your site, it also gains in the search engine. Of course, texts are meant to serve people first and foremost, but the facts are that search engine robots, when they index pages for specific positions in search results, also focus on texts. Therefore, webwriting is important because it positively influences your customers and helps you achieve high rankings in Google results, which again helps you reach new users in the search engine.
Rules of webwriting – checklist
Before publishing the text, analyze it using the following theorems.
- contains key phrases used by my audience (verified in the
- is interesting, i.e. worth sharing on social media or sending to a friend
- is not very long, but it exhausts the topic
- contains links to my other e.g. blog posts, encourages further exploration of my publications
- has a highlighted and concise title, containing at least the most important key phrase and generating interest
- has attractive headlines that encourage reading
- is divided into paragraphs
- provides a logical summary
- was accompanied by an encouraging
- is thematically consistent
- is stylistically uniform
- was created in simple language, without specialized vocabulary and with a minimum of value-laden phrases
- contains simple sentences and, where possible, calculations – easy to read
- no spelling or punctuation errors
- has been enriched with graphics that fit the text, facilitate its reception, and technically do not increase page load time and have been provided with an alt attribute (consistent with the theme of the text)
- is readable and user-friendly
Zarejestruj się i wypróbuj Senuto!
If you have reached this point in my text – I believe it is useful for you. Readers are increasingly demanding and picky, but you still have the opportunity to engage them with your content and build a solid following of regular users returning to your business. If you need help with this – call or write. We’ll talk about what we can work out together.
I have been active in Google Ads, SEO and e-commerce for almost 10 years. Now I share my knowledge and experience on the blog, on social media and in courses, audits and training sessions.
Green Stone Group
Ul. Zielna 16
NIP: 765 167 92 32
You can cancel your subscription at any time
@ Copyright 2022