Google's EAT standard for SEO
Google’s EAT standard for SEO
What does Google’s EAT principle mean? For the Mountain View giant, it is important that the websites shown in the search engine are of value to Google users. EAT is designed to help achieve this goal. EAT stands for Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trustworthiness, which when translated means: Expertise , Authoritativeness and Trustworthiness. How do you implement them on your website? Read in today’s article.
What is the EAT standard used for?
EAT is an important criterion for evaluating the quality of websites in Google’s search engine algorithm. The purpose of introducing the EAT rule is to provide users with high-quality search results that contain valuable and reliable information.
Zapisz się do newslettera
With the EAT principle, Google aims to ensure that websites that have a high level of authority and expertise in a particular field and provide valuable and reliable information to users are at the top of search results.
This means that websites that meet EAT’s criteria are more likely to achieve high rankings in search results, resulting in more visits and greater online popularity. That’s why it’s important to pay attention to the EAT principle when creating content for your website, so you can achieve better search engine results and increase the reach of your company’s marketing activities.
What should I follow when using EAT Google?
According to the EAT principle, Google places a high value on three main factors that affect a website’s perception of being noteworthy and showing up high in search results:
Google evaluates whether the content on the site is written by experts in the field, whether it contains valuable information that helps users solve problems or expand their knowledge.
Google checks whether a website is recognized in its industry as an important source of information, that is, whether it has a certain level of authority.
Google examines whether a website is trustworthy, that is, whether it provides reliable information and does not violate ethical and legal standards.
It is important for websites that want to achieve high rankings in search results to focus on creating valuable, unique and credible content, as well as building their authority in the industry.
How to create EAT-compliant content?
To create EAT-compliant content, it’s a good idea to follow a few basic rules:
- Expertise – in order to get a positive rating in the category of expertise, it is a good idea to include information about your education, experience and achievements in the field on your website. In the content of the website, it is worthwhile to include valuable and substantive information that will help users solve problems or expand their knowledge.
- Authority – in order to build authority in a particular industry, it is worthwhile to be active in the industry community, publish articles in specialized media, and gain positive feedback from satisfied customers. It’s also worth building your personal brand and putting it prominently on your website.
- Credibility – in order to get a positive rating in the credibility category, it is advisable to avoid publishing information that can negatively affect the company’s image. It is also worthwhile to be transparent and honest in one’s actions.
In addition, it is worth paying attention to a few details when creating content:
- Use reliable sources of information,
- avoid plagiarism and duplication of content,
- use high-quality photos and multimedia,
- Use correct grammar and punctuation in the content,
- Ensure that content is readable and easy for users to read,
- Provide answers to users’ questions and concerns,
- Take care of updating the content on the website.
To sum up, in order to create EAT-compliant content, it is worth focusing on valuable and substantive content, building your company’s authority and credibility, as well as ensuring the quality, readability and ease with which your content is received by users. This is another of the activities that not only allows you to develop your website and get higher rankings in Google. The greatest value derived from using Google’s EAT standard is building a company’s image based on the qualities that customers value most and reward with loyalty and trust. If you need support in creating and implementing a valuable strategy for your company’s online activities – get my help. Write or call me, I will be happy to talk to you!
I have been active in Google Ads, SEO and e-commerce for almost 10 years. Now I share my knowledge and experience on the blog, on social media and in courses, audits and training sessions.
Green Stone Group
Ul. Zielna 16
NIP: 765 167 92 32
You can cancel your subscription at any time
@ Copyright 2022